1. Which Indian won the 2016 Miss Supranational title?
Ans: Srinidhi Shetty
2. Name the Prime minister of New Zealand who resigned recently?
Ans: John Key
3. The 6th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) was hosted by which Indian city?
4. Which well-known Formula 1 champion announced his retirement recently?
Ans: Nico Roseberg
5. The United Nations has recently imposed sanctions against which Asian country due the nuclear test it conducted in September 2016?
Ans: North Korea
6. Which programme launched by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development aims at making people aware about the cashless economic system?
Ans: Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan
7. Which has been declared India’s first digital village?
Ans: Akodara (Gujarat)
8. M. M. Kutty is the new Chief Secretary of _____?
9. Who is the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO)?
Ans: Lt. Gen A. K. Bhatt
10. Which movie, directed by Aniruddha Roy, has been invited for a special screening at the United Nations headquarters in New York?
11. Which noted environmentalist is the author of the book, ‘Conflicts of Interest My Journey through India’s Green Movement’?
Ans: Sunita Narain
12. Who won the World Athletes of the Year Award of the International Association of Athletic Federations (IAAF)?
Ans: Male- Usain Bolt (Jamaica), Female- Lmaz Ayana (Ethiopia)
13. Name the Indian teenager who won the International Children’s Peace Prize?
Ans: Kehkashan Basu
Ø She won the award for her work towards climate justice and combating environmental degradation.
14. Who is the new king of Thailand?
Ans: Maha Vajiralongkorn. He is also known as Rama x.
15. Who is the winner of the 2016 FIDE World Chess Championship? Ans: Magnus Carlsen (Norway)
Ø He defeated Sergei Karjakin (Russia) in the final. The match was played in New York.
16. The members of which Brazilian football club died in the Columbian air crash?
Ø The team was traveling from Santa Cruz to Medellin to play the first leg of the two-game Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional.
17. International Day of Persons with Disabilities was observed on:
Ans: December 3
Ø National Pollution Control Day was observed on December 2.
Ø Navy Day was observed in India on December 4.
Ø World Soil Day was observed on December 5.
Ø International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social. Development was also observed on December 5.
18. Which is the new Indian entry in the UNESCO’s List of Intangible Cultural Heritage?
19. The United Nations apologized to the people of which country for its role in the 2010 cholera outbreak?
20. India beat which country to win the 2016 Women’s T20 Asia Cup?
Ø India defeated Pakistan by 17 runs in the final held in Bangkok. The tournament was hosted by Thailand.
The Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process was established in 2011 to provide a platform to discuss regional issues and to encourage security, political, and economic cooperation among Afghanistan and its neighbouring countries. The member countries are Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, China, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan and UAE.
National Pollution Control Day is observed every 2nd of December in memory of the thousands people who fell victims of the Bhopal gas tragedy.
The International Children’s Peace Prize , an initiative of the Kids Rights Foundation, is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights.
Haiti was cholera-free until it was brought to the country by the UN peacekeepers in 2010. Since then the disease has killed around 10,000 people.